Humboldt State University's proximity to a variety of water systems including rivers, lakes, lagoons, Humboldt Bay and the Pacific Ocean make it an ideal place for aquatic research. The Humboldt State University Boating Safety Program assists the scientific boater by providing equipment, information and education. In conjunction with various HSU courses and a variety of vessels to choose from, the HSU boating safety program is an integral part of the educational experience for many students looking toward a career in aquatic based research.
For information about the program or to become a Humboldt State University certified boat operator, please contact Steve Monk at email@example.com or by phone (707) 826-3686.
Overview of Fleet
- Avon, 10 ft. Inflatable
- Achilles, 10 ft. Inflatable RHIB
- Lowe, 12 ft. Aluminum Skiff
- Grego, 14 ft. Aluminum Skiff
- Commander, 16 ft. Fiberglass center console
- Bayrunner, 19 ft. Aluminum center console
- Whaler, 19 ft. Fiberglass center console
- Shearwater, 22 ft. Twin Engine center console
- HSU Pontoon, 26 ft. Flat top pontoon